Friday, July 22, 2011

Preparing for Apache Karaf 2.2.3

The third maintenance release of the Apache Karaf 2.2.x branch has entered the planning phase, as such I'm preparing for the release management role.
Preparing for Apache Karaf 2.2.3
To prepare I've selected a bottle of Chateau Roc de Bernon Puisseguin-Saint-Emilion 2006 to decant while listening to some Joel Plaskett albums. The 3.0.0 release is still underway in preparation, this 2.2.x update is our attempt to push as many of the fixes users will see in 3.0 out for review. I should note though that it has been indicated to me that more frequent updates to Karaf may be expected as we move forward -- I'm sure this will be welcoming to our user base, and great for me as I gain more excuses to indulge in wine tasting and great music ;)

The wine will of course only be sampled after being gave proper time to breath in its container, after the first release candidate has be up loaded for voting (see our release guide for more details on our process).

Unfortunately I can't share the wine with you, but I can share a few links to Plaskett videos.



I'm looking forward to starting the 2.2.3 release process. I'll be posting updates to our Twitter stream (#karaf) and on our IRC channel (irc.codehaus.org #karaf).

No comments: