Sunday, January 22, 2012

Live music and Apache Karaf 2.2.4

Apache Karaf 2.2.4 release wine.
Perhaps I should start a new tradition... During the build up to Apache Karaf 2.2.4 I was listening to Hawksley Workman albums while sipping on Quinta São João Batista Syrah Reserva 2007. Last Friday night I had the opportunity to see Hawksley perform live here in St John's at the Ship Pub.
The show, as expected, was awesome.  Alan Doyle (a well known local performer) joined Hawksley for several duets, transitioning Hawksleys' regular set into an interactive request and story session with the audience.
I think pairing Karaf releases with wines and music has started a strange side effect - while listening to certain songs all I can think of are particular JIRA issues, features, or release tasks. It's not disconcerting, however it does nerd up a Friday night out.
So getting back to the idea of starting new traditions; I like the idea of pairing wine and music to Karaf releases, I just think it should be expanded to trying to see the band/performer perform live too :) I think I just set myself a next level release management challenge - not to do releases while at live concerts - just to see each act play live once.
I wonder what do other release mangers do along these lines? Any traditions, challenges, or other fun things you do to mark your project release milestones? I'd like to hear about them in the comments section below.
Hawksley Workman, Alan Doyle 

No comments: