Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Preparing for Apache Karaf 2.1.5

The fifth maintenance release of the Apache Karaf 2.1.x branch has moved into the planning phase, as such I'm starting to prepare for the release management role.
Preparing for the Apache Karaf 2.1.5 release.
To prepare I've selected a bottle of Jacob's Creek Merlot 2007 to decant while listening to The Novaks' latest album Things Fall Apart. I'll also be watching them live too, hopefully during the release candidate build process. I really have to thank our community of contributors, they allow me to enjoy this process on a regular basis - you all rock :)

The wine, as always, will only be sampled after being given proper time to breath in its container - much like our RC will only be promoted after proper attentions have been made (see our release guide for more details on our process).

Unfortunately I can't share the wine with you, but I can share the below link to a track from Things Fall Apart.



I'm looking forward to starting the 2.1.5 release process. I'll be posting updates to our Twitter stream (#karaf) and on our IRC channel (irc.codehaus.org #karaf).

No comments: