Friday, January 13, 2012

Guest lecturing CS3716 Software Methodologies and CS3718 Programming in the Small at Memorial University Winter 2012

I've been asked to provide a guest lecture for CS3716 Software Methodologies and CS3718 Programming in the Small at Memorial University this winter 2012 semester.

I've been asked before to talk to Software Methodology classes, usually I talk about various subjects including a brief introduction to the Apache Way, the projects I've worked on, my views on technology (locally grown and in general), and project management (specifically talking about Apache Karaf).

The Programming in the Small class on the other hand will present an opportunity to dive directly into technical discussion and demo. As the focus of this course is object-oriented design, style, documentation, APIs, frameworks, and practices, I think that I have a challenge of not trying to fit too many Apache projects into an hour ;)

No comments: