Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Apache Karaf in the trenches @ OSGi DevCon / EclipseCon 2013


Exciting news! My talk session "Apache Karaf in the trenches" has been accepted to OSGi DevCon 2013 (co-located with EclipseCon Boston 2013). I've copied in below the outline for my talk.

Abstract:

Apache Karaf is a small, light weight server side OSGi runtime environment, that has been gaining in popularity in the Apache and OSGi community. The shift towards using OSGi environments has introduced new challenges to architects, developers, and operators in building and deploying these systems. In this session I will share some of my experiences in developing, deploying, and maintaining OSGi based software systems among Global 2000 companies targeting the Apache Karaf runtime environment.

 The talk will be broken down into three sections:

  •  A brief introduction to Apache Karaf 
  •  Best practices in deployment 
  •  Best practices for developing applications

I'm excited for this opportunity to share my Apache Karaf experiences with the OSGi community. If you're in the Boston, Massachusetts area in late March please consider registering for the conference.

EclipseCon 2013

No comments: